The new generation of the BCN3D Epsilon series
The new, improved version of the BCN3D series printers is distinguished by a new design, improved electronics, automatic XYZ calibration and access to the local network.
The new generation of the BCN3D Epsilon series
Epsilon 3D printers are industrial devices that allow you to print high-quality, functional parts in every industry. The Epsilon series first hit the market in 2020 and has become a leading competitor in the world of 3D printing solutions.
Achievements gained through these solutions include the success of the automotive giant Nissan, which increased the flexibility and speed of production through 3D printing of tools, jigs and fixtures. For an ever-evolving business, technology can quickly adapt to specific needs. The French multinational Saint Gobain, a multi-sector glazing company, has also streamlined its production processes, delivering huge time and cost savings. At the SJD Children's Hospital in Barcelona, 3D printing has proven to be a life-saving technology, now being implemented in more than 200 surgeries a year.
Now the Epsilon series has been refined, which resulted in a new generation of the best BCN3D printers. The BCN3D company has modernized and introduced technical improvements to its Epsilon series printers.
Much of the increased performance of the new Epsilon series can be attributed to the new and improved electronics:
- New ventilation system
- New motor drivers - The Trinamic TMC2130 motor has been replaced by the TMC2226. The new controllers are very quiet and operate with greater efficiency.
- New motherboard - The new motherboard has been specially designed for Epsilon 3D printers. All components were placed on one board.
One of the features highly requested by BCN3D printer users is access to the local network. The internal web server allows access to it via a local IP address. This allows you to remotely send files and monitor, hold and cancel printouts. In addition, this function is also available to owners of previous versions by updating the firmware.
XYZ Auto Calibration is another recently added feature and the fastest on the market. With the push of a button, this automatic process can reduce print setup time from 40 minutes to just 6 (that's 85%!). In addition, this reliable technology eliminates reliance on human criteria, reducing room for error and ensuring proper first layer adhesion every time. The calibration process is done by measuring multiple points to automatically adjust the height of the printing surface and the offset (XY) between the two nozzles. In the case of BCN3D printers equipped with a system of two independent extruders (IDEX), the XY position of the two hotends had to be taken into account. This is done by using the square on the back of the print surface. The heads use this small hole to touch the sides of the heads, calculate their positions on the left and right axes, and then calibrate the correct offsets between them. This XY alignment ensures that they are perfectly aligned and avoids crossing or shifting of layers when printing in Duplicate mode.
The frame of Farguell printers has been remodeled for a sleeker look. In addition, the bottom of the printer has been reinforced, which improves rigidity and correct parallelism of the axes.
To further expand the possibilities of 3D printing, the following packages have been made available:
- BCN3D Fiber Pack - The set includes filaments reinforced with carbon fiber, adhesives and specially designed hotends to enable the printing of parts with the best mechanical properties.
- BCN3D Metal Pack - The kit allows you to obtain elements with practically identical behavior as those from MIM or CNC.
Previous features of BCN3D Epsilon printers remain the same:
- IDEX technology - enables printing in mirror image and duplication mode.
- Large working area - The Epsilon W50 3D printer with a working area of 420 x 300 x 400 mm and the Epsilon W27 with a working area of 420 x 300 x 220 mm allow you to freely create large parts and many elements at the same time.
- Printing from technical materials - Fully enclosed and passively heated chamber reaches a temperature of up to 60ºC and works with a heated bed up to 120ºC to ensure the possibility of printing from technical materials. In addition, the printers have an open material system, which allows you to safely work with any third-party materials of your choice.
- Seamless integration with the Smart Cabinet material station - Smart Cabinet increases printer performance and keeps materials in optimal condition, significantly improving the quality of every print. Plus, it comes with an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) so you never lose your printing progress.
The new version of the Epsilon series is the highest quality and reliability.
The latest models of second-generation Epsilon printers are available in the offer of the sole authorized distributor of BCN3D in Poland - at GLOBAL 3D