Calibry Mini 3D scanner - Medicine
3D scanning is currently one of the most important technologies in the field of medicine and facial prosthetics. Thanks to it, it is possible to precisely model and analyze the surface of the skin, bones and other anatomical elements, which allows the treatment to be tailored to the individual needs of the patient.
Calibry Mini 3D scanner - Medicine
One of the latest and most innovative devices on the market is the Calibry Mini 3D scanner, which is gaining more and more popularity among specialists in the field of medicine and facial prosthetics.
In this article, we will present how the Calibry Mini 3D scanner can be used in these areas, what benefits it brings and what are its most important features and technical parameters.
The Calibry Mini 3D scanner is a unique device that enables accurate and quick scanning of the face and other anatomical elements. Its advantages result from the technology used, which is based on the projection of the light structure onto the scanned object, and then reflecting it back to the device. Thanks to this, the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is able to register even the smallest details of the surface of the skin, bones and other anatomical elements.
One of the applications of the Calibry Mini 3D scanner in medicine is the diagnosis and monitoring of skin and bone lesions. 3D scanning makes it possible to accurately determine the stage of the disease and locate the lesion, which allows for precise planning of treatment and minimizing the risk of complications. In addition, the Calibry Mini 3D scanner can be used to model implants and prostheses, which allows them to be individually adapted to the anatomical requirements of the patient.
In facial prosthetics, the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is used in the design and production of anatomical prostheses and other medical tools. Thanks to 3D scanning, the shape of the face, ears, nose, mouth and other anatomical elements can be accurately reproduced, which allows the production of prostheses with a perfect fit. The Calibry Mini 3D scanner can also help in analyzing the progress of treatment and in assessing the effects of therapy.
To describe the capabilities of the Calibry Mini scanner, it is necessary to know its technical specifications so that potential operators are aware of what device they will be working with.
Technical specification of the CALIBRY Mini 3D scanner
- Scan resolution: 0,3 mm - 0,5 mm
- Field of view: 120 x 90 mm
- The maximum distance to the object: 200-500 mm
- Weight: 280 g
- Dimensions: 131 x 100 x 85 mm
- Communication: USB-C
- Scan speed: 30 fps
- Compatibility with operating systems: Windows, Linux, macOS
- Software: Calibry Nest
- Scan Mode: Manual
- Scan time: From a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the size and complexity of the object
- Supported file formats: PLY, OBJ, STL, ASC
- Measurement accuracy: 0.1% - 0.3% depending on object size and scanning conditions.
Photo1. Face scan (source: https://sketchfab.com)
It is worth noting that the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is relatively light and small, which makes it easy to carry and store. Thanks to this, it can be used in various workplaces, as well as when traveling. The Calibry Mini 3D scanner is also characterized by fast scanning times and very precise results, which makes it an ideal tool for facial prosthodontists and plastic medicine specialists.
Other, more specific examples, in which the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is or may be an ideal solution, should also go unnoticed:
- Planning and designing prostheses and implants - the 3D scanner enables precise scanning of the bone surface, which allows the design and fitting of implants and prostheses to the individual shapes of the patient.
- Creating 3D models - the 3D scanner enables quick and precise creation of 3D models of bones, soft tissues and other anatomical structures, which is necessary to perform complex surgical and reconstructive procedures.
- Evaluation of treatment results - the 3D scanner allows for a precise assessment of the results of surgical and reconstructive procedures, which allows you to monitor progress and correct further actions.
- Facial symmetry modeling - the 3D scanner enables facial symmetry modeling, which is particularly important in the case of patients with facial deformities caused by injuries or developmental defects.
- Bone condition assessment - the 3D scanner allows for a precise assessment of the condition of bones and soft tissues, which is necessary to detect pathological changes, injuries and other health problems.
- Designing facial bone prostheses - the 3D scanner enables precise scanning of facial bones, which allows the design and fitting of prostheses to the individual shape of the patient.
- Skin condition assessment - the 3D scanner can be used to precisely assess the patient's skin condition, which allows the detection of skin changes, wrinkles, scars and other health problems.
- Planning and designing plastic surgeries - the 3D scanner enables precise scanning of the face and other parts of the body, which allows for the design and simulation of plastic and reconstructive surgeries.
- Facial asymmetry detection - the 3D scanner allows you to accurately compare the left and right sides of the face, which allows you to detect asymmetry and precisely plan further actions.
- The Calibry Mini 3D scanner, due to its capabilities, can be used in various fields of medicine and other industries, which makes it a universal tool for precise scanning and 3D modeling.
The Calibry Mini 3D scanner is undoubtedly one of the best solutions on the market in the field of medicine and facial prosthetics. It is a device that combines precision, speed and ease of use, which allows for comprehensive examination of anatomical structures as well as planning and designing prostheses and implants.
Thanks to this scanner, it is possible to quickly and precisely create 3D models of bones, soft tissues and other anatomical structures, which is necessary to perform complex surgical and reconstructive procedures. Many specialists in the field of medicine and facial prosthetics believe that the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is one of the best tools available to them.
Its advantages, such as non-invasiveness, ease of use, speed and precision, make it an ideal solution for many applications in the field of medicine and facial prosthetics. Thanks to it, it is possible to thoroughly and comprehensively study anatomical structures, evaluate the results of performed procedures and model the symmetry of the face. This is extremely important, especially in the case of patients with facial deformities caused by injuries or developmental defects.
To sum up, the Calibry Mini 3D scanner is an innovative and versatile device that has certainly gained the recognition of many specialists and will enjoy more and more interest in the future.
We cordially encourage you to familiarize yourself with our offer of 3D scanners and 3D printers.
In Same Category
- SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital - Printing of anatomical models
- Saint-Gobain and 3D printing: Increasing the efficiency of your production processes
- Elisava students design outside the box with 3D printing
- Ways to efficiently implement the product thanks to 3D printing technology
- Reconstruction of prehistoric sculptures